POSITION: PRODUCTION MANAGER
The Production Manager is responsible for day-to-day production within the print shop. Supervises, motivates, and supports the staff daily, applying a team approach and maintaining open communication. The Production Manager plans, schedules, strategize, and oversee all production activities while continually building sales and maintaining profitability. The Production Manager performs essential functions to ensure overall customer satisfaction and quality service, and establishes and maintains effective communication with employees and clients. The Production Manager is responsible for the effective and efficient planning and scheduling of personnel and equipment to reduce bottlenecks and problems. As the Production Manager and the leader of the Production Team, you are accountable for meeting the department production and quality goals, as well as playing a key role in meeting the company wide profitability and customer satisfaction goals:
- Guarantee satisfaction and value for our customers.
- Contribute to a work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team and promotes personal growth.
- Maintain personal productivity and quality standards that make possible attractive financial returns so that the company may continue to provide our excellent service to our customers and ensure job security and career growth for our staff.
- Maintain a positive department attitude and ensure that all employees under your supervision are aligned with the company goals.You and your team are responsible for supporting the company vision and mission. Because you will be in contact with current and prospective customers, and you are in a strong position to influence their satisfaction and our company prosperity, this position requires tact,sensitivity, and professionalism.
- High school diploma or GED with experience or vocational/technical certification.
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience of 3 or more employees.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good general computer operation skills and basic knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Able to apply written instructions to machine set-up and maintenance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with team building techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of all facets of print production:press, bindery, and graphics.
- Have a working knowledge of operations including an automated workflow system for both digital and press production.
- Ability to perform all production functions when necessary.
- Meets or exceeds test requirements as established by the Owner/General Manager